About Me

My photo
Humboldt County, California, United States
Donna Kuhn is a poet, author, dancer, visual and video artist.

Email me

email me:donnaskuhn@yahoo.com

Facebook

Saturday, October 29, 2005

SHINE





COVER YOUR HEADS


snake woman stake woman, i cant see with my inner eyes
snake woman stake woman, i can see with my inner eyes
snake woman, stake woman, i cant hear u
snake woman stake woman, i can hear u

jew, arab, cover your head; your lost children are my lost children
we are all the same, cover your head and cry at the graves
of your children

snake woman, i have eyes in the back of my hand
i slither on the floor with my knowledge
i slither on the floor with my power
i slither on the floor with my strength
i stay on the floor so i can hear the earth

i can breathe, i can see, i can hear what you're telling me
thank u for setting me free, cover your head
no one steals what's inside u

no one can see your inner eyes
cover the heads of your children
the earth floor knows my strength
the floor is my hand

i have eyes and cry at the graves all the same
lost children, cover your heads
hear u hear with my inner eyes
inside u with my inner eyes

No comments: